It's finally up after a few days of wailing and gnashing of teeth. It was installed Monday, but we (Kendall and I) couldn't get it to work. Good thing we didn't get them to come out again - the problem was on our end. Plus, my computer has a (in)famous Windows problem: a TCP/IP error. The only way to fix it is to reformat the drive. Oh well, I was going to do that and put XP on my system, but only after I got a new scanner (my Mustek won't work with XP). I just have to live without it for a while. Tomorrow I'll back up all the stuff on the drive onto CD, then work on reformatting.
But I'm "speedy" now.:)