Monday, September 17, 2001

Thoughts about Wild Things

Just a thought entered my mind.

I just love seeing people around having parties, and knowing that I'm not ever invited (or welcome). It must be nice to have friends who live in town.

On another thought, it's real fun to be out under the stars - like last night - and see the stars, galaxies, etc., along with moving lights in the sky. And they aren't civilian or commercial aircraft. Just gives me a warm fuzzy knowing that the guys with the Right Stuff are up there on patrol.

We saw some on Sunday night, when I was helping teach GRCC’s astronomy class. Although there had been a slight let-up in the ban on flying, there wasn’t much up there. Looking skyward, we were seeing objects moving around. I called a friend of mine in the military, and when I asked him if he knew of anything flying tonight over West Michigan, he said – in a mockingly typical military fashion - “I can neither confirm nor deny that there are any assets currently on station.” Basically that meant he couldn’t tell me. But then he said “I wouldn’t be surprised if you saw some animals, like Eagles, Falcons, etc.”

An “Eagle” is an F-15 fighter, and a “Falcon” is an F-16 fighter aircraft.

No comments: