Saturday, November 03, 2001

Oh The Pain

I guess there's a bad side to spending most of the day outside.

Now, November’s in Michigan can be fierce, so it's great when you can go out without a jacket for the day. Unfortunately, when what you're doing is yard work to get ready for the unholy winter to come, it hits you later. I spent almost 6 hours outside blowing, raking, bagging, mulching leaves from the yards, in order to cut the grass for the last time this year. It was both fun and tiring, but it was a great day out. And to make it better, even though I was tired, I spent the evening at the observatory, becoming reacquainted with Saturn.

Now this morning, the pain set in. Sore shoulders, back, arms, etc. A little bit too much work outside. But hey! It felt good while I was doing it! Isn't that the way it always is?

Today's more of the same, and I'm even going to mow the lawn, since I didn't get to that yesterday. And tonight -- back out to the observatory. Maybe I'll stay out there long enough to observe Jupiter.

No comments: