Friday, September 08, 2006

An Anniversary

40 years ago this evening, Star Trek debuted on television.

Although I don't remember the day exactly (being a really little kid), I can remember the first episode I saw.

It was The Corbomite Maneuver, and it was November 10, 1966. I remember sitting on the floor in the living room at my cousin's house, and being scared when the bit "ping pong ball" ship - the Fesarius - approached really close to the Enterprise.

I've been a far since that day, but my fandom has been tested, mainly by the debacle that was Voyager, Enterprise, and the movie Nemesis. Of course, those were the "genius" of Rick Berman, who is an idiot. He's directly to blame for the floundering of Trek in recent years. Good thing he's gone now.

I'll post more later, as I reminisce more.

1 comment:

L. Riofrio said...

Great that you remembered. We have to think of these happy anniversaries.