Saturday, September 16, 2006

Goodbye SA, Hello SG

Some more about the end of Slacker Astronomy.

This podcast was the first one I had ever listened to. Now, over a year and a half later, I can't remember how I got turned onto it, but I sure am glad I was. I think I only missed the first "test cast" back in February of 2005. I even have the special, not-easy-to-find "The End of Slacker Astronomy" podcast that they did as an April Fool's joke.

Slacker Astronomy was fun, informative, and many other things I could write (but won't, because I can't find the adjectives), and the crew (Aaron, Pamela, & Travis) even got me thinking about doing a podcast for my astronomy club (an idea since put on the back burner). I've even had a few email conversations with them. They are good people.

But, things must change. Pamela got a new job, Aaron is going to grad school. And so comes the end of Slacker Astronomy.

But in it's ashes, like the mythological Phoenix, rises Slackerpedia Galactica.

No, it's not a missing BattleStar. it's a new podcast/website/forum that will rise ever higher.

And not to be missed, Pamela has a new podcast with Frasier Cain of Universe Today fame. It's called AstronomyCast.

No comments: