Monday, May 28, 2001

Synchronicity II

There must be some kind of cosmic synchronic thing going on lately. There have been a ton of coincidences that are giving me the willies.

  1. My friend Ron calls a cement contractor about some work that needed to be done at the observatory. The guy knew Ron, and went to school with him. Not only that, but I went to school with his sister.
  2. I'd been thinking about Sarah from the astronomy club, and lo and behold she shows up one evening. (See, it's getting weird).
  3. My Dad has people over to give estimates on putting in central air. One of the guys knew him from when my Dad sold auto forms. Another guy played little league baseball with my brother.
  4. Last week, I waited on a customer who I went to school with years ago (think Kindergarten & grade school). She remembered a few things, and about hanging out at the old ice cream shop at the corner with my old friend Greg.
  5. A few days later, Greg's sister comes in and I wait on her. She tells me to try and email him again, and her as well.

So far that's it, but who knows what else is around the corner? In fact, I was thinking about an exchange student I knew years ago, and when I went over to my friend Ed's house last night (he and his S.O. were in town from L.A. for the weekend) I had this strange feeling that she would show up - but she didn't. Maybe that broke the string. We'll see. What (or who) else should I think about? Maybe something will happen. Reminds me of a joke I came across:
"Stressing the importance of a good vocabulary, the teacher told her young charges, "Use a word ten times, and it shall be yours for life."

From somewhere in the back of the room, came a small male voice chanting, "Amanda, Amanda, Amanda, Amanda, Amanda, Amanda, Amanda, Amanda, Amanda, Amanda." "
Time will tell.

No comments: