Saturday, March 25, 2006

I Now Pronounce You...

Just a short rant here.

Why can't people learn to pronounce things correctly. Especially when they are supposedly learned individuals.

I was listening to a radio program just a while ago, and the speaker constantly mispronounced words. And not even consistently. Once time they would pronounce it correctly, and then a few minutes later - incorrectly. This, I believe, is bad form for someone who hypothetically knows what they are doing, and is trying to impart knowledge.

People! Please take the time to check and make sure you know what you are saying. You might be completely familiar with the content of what you are talking about, but perhaps not the pronunciation. Take five minutes and learn something before opening your mouth on a worldwide stage.

Sorry to rant, this is just a pet peeve of mine. I guess it harkens back to the days in grammar school when I was winning spelling bees left and right.

No comments: